Wednesday, December 24, 2008

You will be missed

I am sad; I had been following Lalita's blog for a while now and just realized she had passed away. I couldn't figure out when, but it's of little consequence. Those who are thinking 'what's the big deal' haven't been here. LM, you will be missed. Your readers adored you, and are missing you.

LM, I know you never subscribed to the 'yeh dil maange more' philosophy, but I feel sad and deprived. Deprived of not having shared even an opinion on your blog, of not picking your brains even once, of not having tried either.

You went beyond the horizon, and it's not an irony that my feelings are best summarized in the same poem of yours; I can't resist quoting it here.

And so
We went on dreaming,
Searching.
When truth stood stark before our eyes
We said this is not the truth we seek,
This is not the light we want.

And so
We never spoke
Letting things lie
Each of us commanding
Willing things to die.

This is not what I wanted but I realize I have little control. I am just sad, annoyed and angry at the cruel world we live in.

You are the one who made me look at trees and birds from a different perspective. I can't even figure what all I picked up just reading you.

Adios lady, from someone who will be fan, always. May you rest in peace.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am elder sister of Lalita. she passed away on 26 August. your post made me once again meet the harsh realities of life! Thanks for remembering her.- kavita

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sneha Shrivastava said...

may her soul rest in peace.

Shas said...

No one has control over life n death. What has come, has to go one day. That is the nature of life. No amount of soothing words can console the grieving heart.
My heartfelt condolences to u n May her soul rest in peace.